Monday, August 12, 2013

Philodophy Project And Rabbit Fur


Prompt#5

There were so many different beliefs, periods, and discoveries throughout the book. The one that I liked and understood the best was the two cultures and the middle ages.  The author talked about Indo- European, Jews,  Greeks, and Romans. He also mentions about the Christianity and how it had formed into what it is now. Gaarder explains that Romans and Greeks  were in the same group of Indo-European culture. Some cultures came together with the same beliefs like Islam and Christianity. It was amazing to read about Christianity when Alberto was explaining to Sophie about how Paul converted to Christianity and did what God told him to do, which was to spread Christianity around in different places.

The period  I disliked was the Renaissance. During the Renaissance, Alberto explains about the scientist and what the scientist had studied and investigated. In my mind, scientist push the investigations too far when they mix God creating humans with humans evolving from some animal. I had never had an interest in studying gravity or Newton’s Laws. Still the topic had been confusing when he would talk about scientist beliefs and studies but then change to how the relationships with God became personal. While I was reading through this part of the book, I found it harder to separate my thoughts and beliefs from the ones Alberto had talked to Sophie about. It became very frustrating for me when I would have to reread pages over and over again. I did make a connection with some science classes I have taken before that talk about Newton’s Laws and have realized that it has never been my best subject and neither has Philosophy.

 I reside down near the skin of the rabbit because of my relaxed attitude. I do not have much interest in every little thing and how it is created like philosophers do. I stay on the down low and do what I am expected to do in life. For me, I am more comfortable to be safe and solid on the surface instead of being out in the open and starring danger in the eyes just like being on the top of fine little rabbit hairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment